A little bit about me!

My name is Kate and I am a sophmore in high school. One of my electives this year is web design. During web design we have projects that we have to complete throughout the two terms. One of the projects that we are working on right now is making a blog. I decided to blog about basketball and the creation of the game. I hope you enjoy my blog!

Friday, March 30, 2012

The Game Goes Professional


 There were hundreds of men's professional teams in towns and cities all over the United States that started to come about in the 1920's. However there was  little organization of the professional game. There were some leagues put into place, but none of the leagues stayed for long. Finally in 1946, the BAA was formed, the Basketball Assosication of America. The first game was played in Toronto,Canada between the Toronto Huskies and New York Knickerbockers on November 1, 1946. Later in 1949, the BAA merged with the National Basketball League to form the National Basketball Assocation(NBA). By the 1950s, basketball had become a major college sport which paved the way for a growth of interest in professional basketball. In 1959 a basketball hall of fame was founded in Springfield, Massachusetts, which is where the game was founded in.

I have never been to the hall of fame, have any of you? If you have, comment on how it was!


This is what the basketball hall of fame in springfield looks like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment